Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series on My Pretty Pennies. To participate, fill in the blanks in the comments section, or post it on your blog and link below. If you do post it on your blog, please credit MPP and link it back here. Thank you for participating!
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on donating to our church. (I’ve gotten some questions on where we give, etc., so I will be sure to post on that very soon!)
2. Today I am thankful that J and I have joined a small group at our church. We love our church, but rarely talk with anyone after our service, so we joined a small group to get more plugged in. We just started last week, and already I can tell it will be a great group of friends. :)
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was help my friends move! You wouldn’t think that moving would be fun, but this is one awesome couple that moved literally two apartment buildings from mine. It’s so exciting to have neighbors we know!
4. I will consider this week a success if I change my W2 from single to married at work. I still haven’t done that yet, and I think it’s time.
5. The best prank ever pulled on me was when my best friend (and roommate at the time) Allison pretended to tell me in confidence that our friend Michelle was planning to give me a ferret for my birthday. I was appalled (since I really don’t like ferrets at all) and couldn’t believe my dear friend would get me a pet without asking, but tried to go along with it since it was a gift. A month later, on my actual birthday, Al and I went to Michelle’s with my sisters. She had a cage set up and everything, and when I went to grab “my ferret” I grabbed a wrapped DVD set of Friends instead. They all started laughing and I was so relieved it was a joke that I laughed and cried at the same time. It was hilarious.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I am thankful ___________.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. The best prank ever pulled on me was _________.
(photo taken from my trip to Asheville a few weeks ago)