Happy 2012! A new year, a new beginning. I always love making goals, but for this year, I’m just setting general intentions, especially since I always write specific monthly goals. :)
- Take mini weekend vacations.
- Celebrate our 1st anniversary.
- Continue reading great books.
- Lose and maintain a healthy weight.
- Celebrate new marriages and new births.
- Save for our 6-months emergency fund and start a house fund.
- Cook new recipes.
- Start new traditions.
- Give away time and money.
One thing I love about the new year is that it’s chic to save money. People understand when you say, “Sorry, we can’t [fill in the blank] because we’re sticking to a new budget” since everyone else is on the same resolution bandwagon. So I am embracing that and having a no-frivolous spending month.
- Workout three times a week.
- Finish reading Life of Pi and start another book.
- Don’t spend any money on clothes, accessories or decorations.
- Be intentional about morning and evening routines.
- Blog four times a week.
- Only purchase fresh foods at the grocery store and use all of our freezer and pantry items.
- Take at least 30 minutes for lunch and don’t eat at my desk.
December’s Goals Recap:
December seemed to be a very long, wonderful month. I can’t believe I went to Atlanta, New York City, multiple holiday parties, and even managed to have a 10-day holiday from work. It was fabulous.
- Watch my favorite holiday movie It’s a Wonderful Life (We actually did not see it this year! Instead we laughed until we cried watching old home videos on Christmas Eve.)
Watch J’s favorite holiday movie Home Alone
- Make a Christmas wreath (Yeah, this didn’t happen.)
- Finish two books — (Just finished one)
Eat lots of food (but too much!) Visit my best friend in Atlanta Finish all of my Christmas shopping Travel with J to New York City Have a holly, jolly Christmas
What are your 2012 or January goals? I’d love to hear! :)
(photo credit via Pinterest)