The days are long, but the years are short.
I need to stop being surprised at the time and just accept that life is moving at warp-speed these days. July has arrived and we are in the depths of summer. This month I am hoping to reach an exciting financial landmark (yay!), enjoy the long summer days, and get some things organized in my home. We are finding out this month what our rent will be to renew our lease, so we may be apartment hunting again very soon. Here are some of my goals this month…
- Make a summer wreath
- Make homemade ice cream
- Reach $10K in our Emergency Fund
- Put together a plan for a blog redesign
- Clean out closet and donate clothes to Goodwill
- Put together a list for clothing items I need to buy
- Make 2 new recipes
- Finish reading Game of Thrones
- Watch Downton Abbey Season 2
- Decide if we need to move and next steps
June was a great month filled with lots of parties, weekend getaways, and new babies! However, my June Goals were not as successful as I would have liked…
- Meet my new little “niece” Reagan!
- Go on at least one hour-long bike ride
- Cook 3 new recipes
- Read two books, Game of Thrones and The Excellent Wife // Fail!
- Organize my kitchen cabinets // Ack, still as unorganized as ever.
- Make a summer wreath // Plan to make it July 4th
- Stay within budget // We were slightly over budget with car repairs, birthday gifts, out of town trips, and eating out a little more than we should have.
- Run 10 miles a week // What was I thinking setting this lofty goal? I should have started with 5 miles a week.
- Participate in the June Photo a Day via Instagram // I quit about halfway through the month… it’s really hard to remember every day! Kuddos to you pals who can post a photo a day!
What are your goals this month? Leave a comment with a link to your goals. I’d love to read!