That’s right — things are changing a little around here. I accepted another job on Monday, end my current position a week from today, and I start my new job August 13.
It was a really, really hard decision to make. I wasn’t really looking for another job, but for the past few months I’ve been speaking with the VP of Marketing (that I know through church — it’s all who you know!), and he was sharing the different positions that were opening up in his department. I applied for one that looked like a perfect fit, and last Friday they extended an offer. I put together a pros and cons list (naturally) and decided it was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up. Although I’m really sad to say goodbye to my current coworkers and company, I think it will be a good career move.
The job will be different for a few reasons:
- I’m currently working in a very niche position at an advertising agency — this new job will be a more strategic marketing position for a health-care company.
- Right now I have flexible hours and sometimes have to stay late — this new position will be an steady 8 to 5 job. It will be a hard adjustment getting to work by 8 (I don’t usually leave my apartment now until 8:45), but it will be so, so nice to get home around 5:30 every day!
- I currently can wear literally whatever I want to work — my new position will require a more corporate attire.
- The distance is slightly farther from my current job, but maybe by 5 minutes or so.
- It also came with a little pay increase, which will be especially nice as we begin to save for a home.
So, there’s my news! I’m taking a week off between jobs and couldn’t be more excited to have some time to relax and get ready for this new adventure.