Happy Friday! Sorry for being a little MIA this week. This week went by a lot faster than I realized. Here are five things to share with you today:
1. I’m currently obsessed with peaches. I think the fruit Adam and Eve ate to ruin the hope of us all having a happily ever after had to have been a peach. I mean, what other tree produces fruit this temptingly sweet? I have had one every afternoon for the past week and sadly my bunch was gone when I was making my lunch this morning. So I plan to stock up for the next week and continue to eat as many as I can before the season is over.
2. My first week at work has been great! It’s been a slow start (aren’t all new jobs?) but so far the work I have been assigned has been delightfully stimulating. The only complaint I have is that our office is really cold, but I brought my blanket from home and am settling in very nicely. Thanks again for all the good wishes sent my way this week!
3. I may have found a kindred spirit at work. Is it too soon to declare someone a kindred spirit just four days after meeting them? I need Anne of Green Gables to advise.
4. The weather in Raleigh has been bearable lately. I wouldn’t go so far as to call it pleasant, but it hasn’t been as humid and I dare say it got a little bit chilly this morning on my balcony! Fall is coming soon, I can feel it.
5. Today Dupree is leaving our apartment for good to go back to school. He has been with us since May 9th, which sounds like a really long time! The summer has had its ups and downs, but for the most part it has been a great experience and I have no regrets. That being said, J and I intend to celebrate this weekend that we survived the summer and have the apartment to ourselves.
What are you up to this weekend? I hope you have a great one!