I try to keep things light on this blog, but I never want to give you the impression my life is perfect. Because it’s not. This past year I went to two funerals, cried with friends at bad news and disappointments, got flat tires on the side of the road, and there were a few days all I could do was take a deep breath and remind myself this too shall pass.
That said, oh how the Lord has blessed us this year. Even through the trials, I have seen His provision and faithfulness in our lives, and I can happily say I trust Him more than I did this time last year, probably the greatest blessing I could ask for.
But enough chatter, let’s look at some pictures! Here are twelve photos to highlight this year:
1. I went to Nashville with my MIL and SIL.
2. We celebrated our first anniversary (and, might I add, looked a little too matchy-matchy…)
3. I celebrated the life of my grandmother with my whole family. One of the best weekends of the year.
4. We went on two spring beach trip weekends with friends.
5. Dupree came to live with us for three months over the summer, a decision that was hard and rewarding.
6. During the summer I took a lot of fun weekend trips visiting friends.
7. A sweet baby was born, the first of my closest friends.
8. I got a new job.
9. We moved to another apartment.
10. We took a week-long beach trip with my family.
11. We adopted our sweet pup Leia.
12. We took a wonderful trip to Disney with J’s family.
Whew! That was a good year. Now, let’s get on with the next one, shall we? :)
How was your year? Looking back, what blessings and lessons did you learn?
PS -I set some intentions for this year and am happy to report I succeeded in them all. Yay.