I started listening to podcasts when I was training for my marathon two years ago. After you’ve been running for two hours, music starts to get reeeeally old, so I decided to see what the world of podcasts was all about.
Turns out, it’s awesome!
I used to wonder what kind of people would listen to a podcast. Who has time to listen to someone else talk for half an hour? Oh right — this girl. I have 30 minutes of uninterrupted time on my way to/from work each day, and when I am running the miles seem so much more bearable if I am listening to a program or sermon.
Here are some of my favorites:
- Elise Gets Crafty – I have been following Elise’s blog for years, and was so excited when she started a podcast. She interviews bloggers, small business owners, creatives, and talks about everything in between.
- The Lively Show – I used to follow Jess Lively’s blog, and now just follow her mainly through her podcast. She is one inspiring lady, and I find it really interesting to see her business evolve throughout the past few years. Her show is based on inspiration and intentionality.
- After the Jump – Grace Bonney from the Design*Sponge blog has a podcast and it mainly focuses on the business behind her blog.
- Timothy Keller Podcast – Tim Keller is one of my all-time favorite pastors, and I have been listening to his sermons for years.
- The Village Church – Matt Chandler is another favorite pastors, so every now and then I will listen through one of their series.
- The Summit Church – My church! I usually only listen to this podcast if I’ve missed a week or want to go back and listen to a favorite sermon.
News / Business:
- The Dave Ramsey Show – I have to be in the right mood for Dave. He kind of gets on my nerves, but anytime there is a debt-free scream from a listener, I tear up. Every.single.time.
- Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me – J got me on this one. It’s hilarious, but only if you follow current events. It can start to make you feel stupid if you don’t really know what’s going on in the world! I normally only listen to this podcast when I am on road trips with him.
- This American Life – This is one of the most popular podcasts out there, and for good reason. Ira Glass is such a great story teller, and each time I learn something incredibly interesting.
- Money Girl’s Quick and Dirty Tips – I have to be in the right mood for this one, too. but I like it because it’s short. Most episodes are between 7 – 15 minutes long, and have a focused financial topic.
Do you listen to any podcasts? Do you have any favorites or recommendations? I admit, when I go to the iTunes store I get overwhelmed by the options, so would love to know what you listen to!