Hello! Welcome to my blog.
My name is Ginna (pronounced “Gin-na”) and welcome to my little corner of the Internet. I live in Raleigh, NC, with my husband J and our dog Leia.
I have been blogging since March 2009, when I was fresh out of college and living in DC. I had just started a long distance relationship with J, and was navigating how to save, pay off debt and survive in a big city on an entry-level salary. During the first years of writing this blog I learned that a little bit of hard work + a lot of faith can make things happen.
After two years of long distance, I moved from DC to Raleigh, and then promptly got engaged. We got married on the coldest April day in 2011 (read more about our wedding here). We rescued our dog Leia in the fall of 2012 and we are best buds. After working a couple of jobs in the agency world, I’ve finally found a job I love working in healthcare marketing.
Since I became debt free, this blog has evolved from a personal finance space to a lifestyle journal where I write about my faith, goals, recipes, healthy living, home projects, and all of the pretty people, places and things that inspire.
I love Jesus and believe he is Lord. As C.S. Lewis once said: “I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” So you may see a bit of my faith sprinkled into each post.
My perspective on money:
You don’t have to be rich to have a rich life.
Spend money on things that matter.
Experiences over stuff.
People over luxuries.
God’s kingdom over this world.
Money has the power to change, and I think we can all change this world for the better, one pretty penny at a time.
Things I love:
- Early mornings
- A good cup of coffee
- Newborn babies
- Dinner parties with friends, preferably at a round table
- The BBC’s version of Pride & Prejudice
- Creating and achieving goals (and I have a lot… learn more on why I set so many.)
- TV marathons with my husband
- Leslie Knope
- The month of June and October
- Tackling projects in our new house
- Exploring cities (see some of the trips I’ve blogged about)
- That weird salty feeling on your face after running for an hour
Get to know me more:
- 10 Things that Make me Happy
- Where I’ve Lived
- Our Wedding
- My Big Money Dreams
- What Breaks My Heart
- What he likes / What she likes
- 30 before 30
- 31 days to Financial Freedom
- DIY Abstract Art
- How to Merge Two Twitter Accounts
- How to Decorate a Corporate Office
- How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets
- How often and how much do you pay for car insurance
- Ways we are Saving for a House
- Why we are saving 20% for a Down Payment
- How to Maximize your Clothing Budget
Thanks so much for visiting — please feel free to contact me with any questions!
Find me elsewhere:
- Like me on Facebook
- Follow me on Twitter
- Follow my Pinterest boards
- Subscribe to my RSS feed
- Check out my Instagram photos
- Subscribe to my Bloglovin‘ page
- Contact me with any comments or questions