I’m about 17 days late on posting these goals, but in my defense, I did write them up over Thanksgiving, just haven’t posted them on here yet. On the long list of things to do this month, writing on the blog keeps getting shuffled lower on the list. But as I’m about 99% done with all of my buying and wrapping, maybe that’ll change soon. :)
- Go through this advent book with J
- Have all of our gifts purchased and wrapped by December 19th
- Go for a walk or a run once a day
- Send out our Christmas cards
- Watch all my favorite holiday movies!
- Buy life insurance and a will for our family (two things leftover from my 2014 goals!)
- Thoughtfully prepare for the new year, creating goals for finance, giving and personal enrichment/challenges
- Finish a holiday puzzle
What are your goals this month? How’s everyone’s December so far? I can’t believe Christmas is a week from tomorrow. Eeps!
PS – See more December goals from 2013, 2012, 2011, and 2010.
Oh, November. I have mixed emotions about this month — the one that begins in autumn and ends in winter. On the one hand — it’s chilly! and cozy! and I want to wear warm sweaters and boots every day! But on the other hand, the days get darker and shorter, and without any Christmas lights to brighten the darkness.
I always get sad when I say goodbye to daylight savings, so to remedy that this year I decided to change up my hours at work — coming in at 7:30 and leaving at 4:30. This will hopefully allow me more time at home during the daylight and less time stuck in traffic during the darkness. I also plan to write five things I’m grateful for every day this month, since the best medicine for a sad soul is to look around and recognize all of your blessings.
On to my monthly goals….
- Come up with a strategy for our yard (plant bulbs? bushes? privacy trees?)
- Clean and vacuum my car (it’s so gross you guys)
- Pack a shoebox for Operation Christmas Child
- Enroll in benefits for 2015 at my job
- Take a family pic and order Christmas cards
- Get 75% of my Christmas shopping done!
- Make a classic family Thanksgiving dish
- Every day this month write down five things I’m grateful for
What are your goals this month? Does anyone else struggle with the time change?
PS – Need inspiration for monthly goals? See mine from November 2013, 2012, 2011, and 2009
Hello October! Pumpkin season! Crisp air! Hay rides! Turning leaves! Cozy layers! October is one of my very favorite months, and this one should be pretty fun. I am hosting a girl’s weekend at my house with old childhood friends, and attending another in Charlotte later this month with some college friends. I also plan to spend as much time outside as possible. :)
- Complete my 31 days challenge: 31 Decisions I’m Glad I Made
- Hang new curtains in my dining room
- Install a storm door
- Try to get an average of 10,000 steps each day via my jawbone
- Decide whether to buy a dining room table (there’s one I’ve loved forever and it’s on sale! but do i really need it? #dilemma)
- Bake an apple pie
- Book our flights to Europe for the spring (!)
- Continue to train for a half marathon (next month – eeps!)
- Carve pumpkins with friends
What do you have on your list this month?
PS – See October goals from 2013, 2011, 2010, and 2009. (Apparently I didn’t make goals in 2012!)
September is here! Schools are back in session, football season has begun, and hopefully the weather will catch up and start to cool down here in NC. This month is going to be a very fun one — I am going to Disney World next week on a family vacation with my in-laws, celebrating my 29th birthday (eeks) and launching back into a school year of new schedules and routines.
- Figure out a system to digitally and automatically save my iPhone photos on a regular basis
- Start small group back up again!
- Clean and organize my house for house-guests in October
- Buy curtains for the dining room
- Continue to train for the half marathon, getting up to 9 miles
- Celebrate my 29th birthday, and update my 30 before 30 list
- Give this blog a refresh (FYI the site was down yesterday due to a bug so the design is all off and wonky. Hoping to get a new design in soon!)
- Blog our house tour, one year later
PS – See my monthly goals from September 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009.