September is here! Schools are back in session, football season has begun, and hopefully the weather will catch up and start to cool down here in NC. This month is going to be a very fun one — I am going to Disney World next week on a family vacation with my in-laws, celebrating my 29th birthday (eeks) and launching back into a school year of new schedules and routines.
- Figure out a system to digitally and automatically save my iPhone photos on a regular basis
- Start small group back up again!
- Clean and organize my house for house-guests in October
- Buy curtains for the dining room
- Continue to train for the half marathon, getting up to 9 miles
- Celebrate my 29th birthday, and update my 30 before 30 list
- Give this blog a refresh (FYI the site was down yesterday due to a bug so the design is all off and wonky. Hoping to get a new design in soon!)
- Blog our house tour, one year later
PS – See my monthly goals from September 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009.
In July we hosted friends for the Fourth, pet-sat a few friends’ dogs, and stayed in town most weekends, except for a quick trip to Charlotte. It was a very good summer month, but I’m not entirely sad to see it go, mainly because it means the Whole30 diet is over (more on that later). Here are some more memories from the month, and how I fared on my monthly goals.
+ Watermelon cookies!
+ Puppy love
+ Ping pong playing in the backyard
+ Wainscoting progress
+ Lots of Whole30-approved meals
+ An evening in Charlotte at my sister’s (I love her house)
+ Spending time with my friends’ babies
+ Date night with this fella
+ Ray LaMontagne concert
- Finish wainscoting in dining room // YES!! Pictures and tutorial coming soon.
- Host friends for Fourth of July // YES! Fun times.
- Do one thing on my DIY or craft pinterest boards // Let’s just call the massive wainscoting project one of them.
- Finish one book // Read Carry On, Warrior
- Keep basil and tomato plants alive // Just barely.
Not so much:
- Clean out all of our closets // Ha. I didn’t clean out a single one.
- Go to the pool / beach / lake / some body of water // Nope.
- Start training for the Savannah Half Marathon // I started running, but wouldn’t really call it training.
How was your July? :)
Hello August! I am so happy to greet you! The lazy days of summer are coming to a close and I feel things starting to ramp up for a new season. We have a fun-packed month planned, including two weekend trips to see family, and lots of local events planned in between. I also really want to organize my house. We moved into our house a year ago and I feel like we just packed things into spaces because we wanted it out of a box. J is out of town one weekend, so I plan to tear the house apart and put it all back together in an organized, functional way. We’ll see how much actually gets done. ;) On to my goals this month….
- Start training for the half marathon (eeks!)
- Go on a date with J in Durham
- Transition into eating 80% Whole30 approved foods
- Give this blog a little refresh
- Get all of our cars inspected and pay for car insurance (August is our dreaded expensive car month!)
- Write a letter to our sponsored child Jacques in Togo
- Map out meal ideas from August to December
- Map out blog post ideas from August to December
- Clean out the linen closet and guest room closet
- Clean out and organize the garage
- Celebrate living in our house one year! And blog house tour, room by room, one year later
What are you up to this month? Leave your goals and plans in the comments, I would love to read them. :)
PS – Want more inspiration of what type of goals to make in August? Check out my goals from August 2013, 2012, 2011, and 2009. Evidently I didn’t make any goals in 2010. :)
June was such a happy, sunny month. It always is! Here are some memories we made last month:
+ Leia riding in the trunk
+ Weekend trip to Boone for J’s birthday
+ Boston with the birthday boy
+ Bike riding to Harvard
+ Getting lost in the North End
+ Business trip to Blacksburg, VA
+ Card playing with friends/family
+ Antique shopping with my SIL
Recap of my June Goals:
- Keep my tomatoes and basil alive
- Organize and create a plan for teaching ESL this summer
- Build wainscoting in dining room // I’m halfway done, so I’m keeping it in the accomplished pile. This project is not for the faint of heart, but it should be done in the next few weeks.
- Learn to grill pizza
- Start a neighborhood running club, if anyone is interested :) // Sort of? I found a neighborhood running buddy and go at least once a week for a run through our neighborhood. Yay!
- Go to a Red Sox game with J
- Throw at least one cookout with friends
Did not accomplish:
- Read at least one book // I have had such a hard time getting into books recently. Hoping lazy July days will change that.
- Blog at least once a week // Nope, no blogging last week.
How was your June? :)