My street is lined with cherry blossom trees. My closet is filled with pretty pastels. Chirping birds have become my alarm clock. It is official, my friends. Spring has finally arrived!
Each summer I like to put together a little list of fun, cheap things to do or experience. Just because I will be working 40-hour weeks and getting little vacation days doesn’t mean I can’t have a little fun this summer.
My Warm Weather Goals
- Paddle boat in the Potomac River
- Go to a Nationals or Orioles Baseball game
- Drink a margarita outside at a restaurant
- Go to a yard-sale and buy a dresser
- Grow a garden
- Go berry picking
- Visit J in the mountains
- Go fishing
- Lose 10 pounds by BFF’s wedding Lost 5 lbs
- Go wine tasting at a vineyard
- Buy a new grill at my favorite edmonton bbq store and host a BBQ with friends
- Plan a day trip to Annapolis
- Frolic in a field of wildflowers
- Run in a breast cancer race
- Go sailing
- Only buy vegetables at a local Farmer’s Market
- Eat my favorite ice cream: Kilwin’s Key Lime Pie
- Make watermelon cookies
- Swim in a natural body of water
- Shop at the Eastern Market
- Have a picnic outside with J
- Go to Jazz in the Garden at the Sculpture Garden
- Visit at least one museum. Like the Corcoran or Newseum.
- Play in an outdoor sport.
- Watch the fireworks on the National Mall
What can I say? I like the little things in life.
What about you? What fun things do you want to experience during the warm-weather months ahead? Draft your own list of fun things and post it on your site. There’s always cost-efficient things to do no matter where you live, and I’m curious to see what people can come up with.