Early in the spring I posted a list of things I wanted to do in the summer. One of the items was to make watermelon cookies. These cookies are my family’s beloved summertime treat, and making them reminds me of growing up so much. Lucky for you I’m going to share this recipe (and a few photos of my kitchen) with you! They are so ridiculously easy, tasty, cost-efficient, and quite the crowd-pleaser.
-sugar cookie dough
-red & green food coloring
1. Mix sugar cookie dough together, or buy pre-made dough. Dye it red.
2. Sprinkle flour down (to avoid sticking) and roll out the dough.
3. Cut circles out and then split the circle into halves. I don’t have a circle cookie-cutter so I used a stemless wine glass.
4. Place on a cookie sheet and put three or four chocolate chips in the dough (for seeds, of course!).
5. Bake at 350-degrees for about 10 minutes. Take out to cool.
6. Dye icing green and dip the rounded part of the cookie in the icing then place on plate to harden.
7. Eat and enjoy. :)
That looks like fun! Thanks for sharing it!!
So cute & clever!