December is traditionally the most expensive month for me. As you all know I was MIA for about two weeks on vacation so I only checked my online bank account a few times to make sure I wasn’t over budget. To be honest I didn’t really think about my money that much. So when I finally calculated my net worth, I was shocked! Somehow I managed to increase my net worth by over $1,600! That is the most that it has increased since I got my tax refund in March.
Here are the details:
- Checking: $110
- Car Repair Fund: $427 — Added $144 to this fund from extra money, etc.
- Christmas: $85 — No change.
- Wedding: $25 — I added $975 from my Wedding Fund to my Emergency Fund so they were combined. After I pay off my debt, I want to get my Emergency Fund to $10,000 and then save for a wedding. That’s the plan today, anyways.
- Emergency: $3,466 — Added $975 from Wedding Fund plus $105 saved from the month from extra money.
- Roth: $866 — $100 added in December, plus interest.
- 401k: $2,863 — $200 was added (me+employer), plus interest.
- Debt to Parents: $2,500 — I paid $1,000 towards my debt in December. Cha-ching!
TOTAL NET WORTH: $5,383 as of 12/31/2009
Summary: It is so encouraging to see that this stuff is really working. It’s really happening! I’m almost done with my debt and already my Emergency Fund sits at almost $3,500! I know January will be pretty expensive and there will be future months with a lot of expenses… but for now I’m just savoring the fact that I ended December worth $11,822 more than in 2008. Hell yeah!
Congrats, that’s awesome, esp in December!
Hoorah!!! That is awesome news.
yay to your increase!
Wow look at that straight line progression in your net worth! That is AWESOME! =D