- Find a job in NC?!?
- Tell boss and coworkers about leaving :(
- Spackle and paint rooms
- Figure out a cheap way to get all of my furniture to NC
- Do one thing in DC that I haven’t done before
- Sell furniture on CL and make at least $200
- Buy J a birthday gift
- Spend no more than $200 on food, groceries AND dining
- Cancel all of my bills and forward new address
- Enjoy my last month in DC!
- Reach $10,000 in net worth (dare I try?!). Done! Details to come in the April Net Worth.
- Go to the gym 12 times. Who knows? I quit the gym but definitely worked out if running errands on my bike counts.
- Only spend $100 in groceries. Alright, I’m lying a little bit…. I spent $100.94, but it’s so darn close I’m counting it! Also, check on my Kitchen Inventory post. I finished almost all of my food except for some cans that I plan to donate (let’s face it, chili just isn’t good in 75-degree weather).
- Don’t use credit card or savings for any living expenses. (Sadly it happened in March) Again, this has a little exception as you’ll see in my April Net Worth. I did use my credit card but I bought things for a friend whose wallet was stolen and promised to pay me back in the next week. So cc was used, but not really by me.
- Attend the Cherry Blossom Festival Done!
- Have a fabulous time at my friend’s bachlorette weekend. Done!
(photo credit… If you get a chance, stop by a garden or a flower shop and smell the peonies.. They are only in bloom for a short period, but smell sooo wonderful.)
When I rented a U-Haul to move from Durham to NY, it only cost me around $300. Renting the same exact truck for a trip in the opposite direction (same two cities) cost over $1500. I was shocked to say the least.
1. I love peonies!
2. good luck on the upcoming move!