1. Thank you again for all the comments. I started tearing up when I read all of them. Call me sentimental, but each of you “strangers” feel like such dear friends to me. :)
2. I promise not to turn this into a wedding blog. However, I make no such promise that you won’t be sick of hearing about my wedding. Sorry, but weddings and money just can’t get rid of each other and I intend to blog about the costs to keep myself accountable.
3. This week I learned that an engaged girl is a fiancée but an engaged boy is a fiancé. I wonder why we don’t have an English name for engaged folk?
4. In just one week, J and I have decided the date, the venue, the time, the entire wedding party, the flowers, the theme, the wedding favor, the photographer, and the honeymoon. The only thing tripping me up are the colors. Pink and green? Green and yellow? Pink and yellow? Green and blue?
5. I mayyyy have subscribed to too many wedding blogs in my Google Reader. It seems every hour there is a new post that steals my attention and I get a new idea. I think I have to cut back.
6. So far, in case you are curious, my favorite wedding blogs are: Style Me Pretty, Southern Wedding Magazine Blog, Once Wed, My DIY Wedding Day, Green Wedding Shoes, and 100 Layer Cake. If you have a favorite, please share!
7. My budget has increased just slightly from the original $5-$8,000 budget I had planned. Don’t alert the budget police, I’ll explain it all later. I just had to give you all a bit of a warning.
8. My roommate got engaged the day after I did and it’s fabulous. Our weddings are completely opposite so there is nothing but helpful hints and zero competition.
9. However, she’s getting married in January so I’ll need to find a place to live by myself in January before J and I get married. Tiny little kink in the budget plans.
10. I’ve heard it said that being married is better than dating, but that dating is better than being engaged because engagements are the worst. Is that true for any of you? So far, however, the engagement been great. In fact, the other night we were eating dinner and J said, “So I was on The Knot earlier today…” and I just couldn’t help laughing. I never thought I would hear that out of his mouth! But he’s quite the helper and I’m thankful to have a teammate who cares about the day as much as I do.