1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on rent… $363. I also spent a lot on Christmas presents, but thankfully no more than my rent.
2. Today I feel slightly anxious about money–until I get my paycheck on Wednesday! I have used some of my next paycheck to pay for some Christmas presents, which I usually don’t do, but I really wanted to get the shopping over with.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was attend my first wedding shower! Yesterday some of my new mother-in-law’s friends hosted a lovely shower for J and me! It was a couples shower, so it was nice to have J there to help open the gifts. We got some great stuff… including a vacuum, four of our placesettings, baking supplies, dutch oven, and tons of recipes I cannot wait to try!
4. I will consider this week a success if I post more than just the weekly money check up and the bootcamp posts! Eek, I’m slacking off in my blogging efforts and really need to work on it.
5. My favorite holiday treat is the gingerbread cookie! I loooove gingerbread. It’s strong, rich flavored cookies or breads instantly make me nostalgic for the holidays. In fact, one of my favorite recipes is the pre-packaged box at Trader Joe’s. I like making them from scratch, but if you are short on time or energy, the TJ’s gingerbread mix is one of the best I’ve ever had.
Weekly Money Check-Up is a fill-in-the blank post once a week. The first four questions are always the same each week and the fifth is always different. Care to participate? Fill in the blanks in the comments section or post it on your blog and link back to here! I am using LINKY TOOLS to collect all of the participates of Weekly Money Check-Up. All you have to do is click on the link below, enter in the URL of your post, and it should show up on my page. You have one week to enter in your link, then the submission will be closed for this week. Thanks for participating! :)
This linky list is now closed.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I feel _______towards money.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. My favorite holiday treat is ____________.