In years past, I would come up with my New Year’s Resolutions weeks before January 1st. I would sit down and figure out where I want to be this time next year and what kinds of things I want to accomplish. This year, however, I feel like my goals (financially, specifically) are on a stand-still until we save and pay for the wedding. I really don’t have much money to use besides the $800 that is going towards the wedding fund each month and there isn’t a lot of time before the wedding either!
So here are my 2011 goals. They may change over the course of the year, but that’s all right. :)
- Pay for the wedding within our budget
- Combine finances with J and create a joint account
- Figure out new financial goals after getting married
- Figure out retirement goals after getting married
- Give away 10% of my income
- Get married!
- Have a fabulous honeymoon!
- Start at least three traditions with J
- Blog 12 new recipes
- Weigh 115-120 when I get married
- Find a church and get involved
- Learn to do five different things with my hair
- Buy a new camera and learn to take decent pictures
- Get a promotion and raise at work
What are some of your 2011 Resolutions?
Have a great, great year! How exciting!
It seems like you came up with a really balanced list of things! I’m excited for your year!
Do you ever read http://www.lovemaegan.com/? She does all kinds of hair tutorials… I have about 1/16th of the hair she has, so they don’t usually work for my hair, but they might for yours!
I think the traditions resolution is particularly fun! JMB at “A Huckleberry Over My Persimmon” has some fun posts about developing traditions. http://ahuckleberryovermypersimmon.blogspot.com/2010/12/want-need-wear-and-read.html
My big goal is to no longer eat at the cafeteria at work!
Good luck with those goals! You’ll definitely be a busy bee. I have to say, the one I’m looking forward to hearing about the most is you developing three traditions with your Soon-to-Be-Husband! Unless you plan on keeping those private…
I love your give 10% away goal. And I’d love to read more about what charities you’re giving to in another post!
sounds like some great goals! good luck on them. The promotion and raise are always the most challenging, but feel great when they happen.
mine goals for 2011 are pretty simple,
– pay off my osap debt
– put about $2,000-$3,000 into tfsa
– learn to take decent photos
– have my july trip paid off prior to and about $1,000 spending money saved
Really wll thought out achievable goals, with The wedding being your main priority. A great year ahead for you…..