1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on my bi-yearly car insurance payment and renter’s insurance. The total was $397, $330 of which was the car insurance I pay twice a year, and the renter’s insurance was just $66 for the year. I had saved this, so it wasn’t a big deal, but still is a lot of money to see taken from my savings!
2. Today I feel comfortable towards money. It’s payday and I feel okay about February’s budget. January was kind of a test month as the apartment demanded many expenses. Thankfully I survived, even if the last two weeks were pretty boring. ;)
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was go to the Hockey All Star game, which was hosted here in Raleigh! You may think that cost a lot of money (and it did for someone), but I got free tickets through my work to sit in a suite and watch the match. J went with me and I swear he looked like a happy kid on Christmas all afternoon. Here’s a picture from my seat:
4. I will consider this week a success if I make serious progress on the wedding favors! I am doing a little crafty project for the favors and it’s just one of those things I keep putting off. I’ll tell you what we decided to do after the wedding… for now I just need to get it done!
5. Right now I am reading pre-marital books. Currently: Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman. It’s all right. I think marriage and relationship books are helpful, but only go so far. There are some things about being in a relationship you just can’t learn from a book. In other news, I really wish I was reading something a little more exciting! Any good novels anyone recommends? I probably won’t be able to read much in the next few months, but certainly want to make a summer reading list again–and stick to it! :)
Weekly Money Check-Up is a fill-in-the blank post once a week. The first four questions are always the same each week and the fifth is always different. Care to participate? Fill in the blanks in the comments section or post it on your blog and link back to here! I am using LINKY TOOLS to collect all of the participates of Weekly Money Check-Up. All you have to do is click on the link below, enter in the URL of your post, and it should show up on my page. You have one week to enter in your link, then the submission will be closed for this week. Thanks for participating! :)
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I feel _______towards money.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. Right now I am reading _____________.