Happy Valentine’s Day! I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine’s Day! Whether you’re single, in an “it’s complicated” relationship, dating, engaged, or married, I hope you have a wonderful day and feel loved from someone. :) Okay, on to the Weekly Money Check-Up…
So for all you single peeps out there, I know. It can feel lonely. And maybe I don’t hold a lot of credibility because I am happily married, how could I possibly understand? but I do. I really do. But if you do have a couple, Valentine’s Day is one of the trickiest holidays because it isn’t easy to whip up a thoughtful gift at the last minute. Still, whether your significant other spends the majority of their time in the office or taking care of the kids, he or she deserves to be recognized for everything they do for you and your family! You probably have a few sentimental gift ideas in mind, but nothing says ‘I Love You’ like taking the time to pick out a gift to complement his or her wardrobe, check these Matching Underwear For Couples – His and Hers Mr and Mrs Undies Sets and get something from their online catalogue.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on a gift I gave my sister for doing my bridal portraits this past weekend! I wanted to get her something nice in exchange for her very kind services (that would have cost me probably $400 for those and the engagement session), so I got her a gift basket of little presents. I used some of my own money and some of the wedding savings money.
2. Today I feel pretty good about money. I get paid tomorrow, and I should be getting back my tax refund soon. Cha-ching!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was play with my parent’s adorable dog. Every time I come home, she gets so stinking excited she runs in circles around the living room. What a funny welcome!
4. I will consider this week a success if I send out the wedding invitations! They are all addressed, stuffed and stamped, now I just need to go to the post office and make sure they don’t need another stamp because of the weight (fingers crossed). I will be so happy to get these sent and cannot wait to get the reply cards!
5. This Valentine’s Day I am going out with J. I usually don’t love Valentine’s Day because I was single for so many years and it just feels like a holiday that leaves people out. However, this is my first Valentine’s Day that I actually have a date (the last two years J and I never saw each other on V-day), so I have decided to embrace it. I put a flower in my hair and am wearing a light pink shirt and we’re going out to dinner tonight with the rest of the love-struck couples in the Triangle. Perhaps I’ve converted? :)
Weekly Money Check-Up is a fill-in-the blank post once a week. The first four questions are always the same each week and the fifth is always different. Care to participate? Fill in the blanks in the comments section or post it on your blog and link back to here! Thanks for participating! :)
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I feel _______towards money.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. This Valentine’s Day I am _____________.