1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on getting my car fixed–$415.22. :( I swear, every time the universe knows I’m getting extra money, something happens to my car. It happened around this time last year with my refund, and then again on my 24th birthday. I’m not sure whether it’s a blessing or a curse, but I don’t like it! I’m thankful to have money to cover the costs, but that is not at all what I had planned to spend it on! Oh, side note: I really need a new car. That’s another post for another day.
2. Today I feel slightly stressed towards money. Could have something to do with using my credit card on car expenses until I get my refund, the approaching wedding expenses, and the dreaded thought that I need to buy a new car soon and don’t have enough to buy a decent one without financing it. Oyi!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was hike the Umstead State Park on the prettiest day of the year! J and I had such a wonderful weekend (it’s still going on–we both have today off!) and on Saturday the weather was absolutely perfect. We hiked for about two hours and it felt like we were in the Appalachian mountains, not the middle of Raleigh. I think I’ve found my new favorite spot. :)
4. I will consider this week a success if I do all the things I have on my weekend to do list–especially finishing the wedding favor. I will share with you what we decided to give each guest when it’s done, but it’s a little more time consuming than originally thought!
5. My favorite meal of the day is lunch. I think it’s my favorite, because it’s usually the most overlooked meal of the day for me, so when I do get to enjoy lunch the way I like it, it’s fabulous. I love meeting friends for lunch. I love lunch prices and portion sizes. I love lunch foods–soups, salads, sandwiches. I love when I actually have time to leave the office with coworkers and take an hour+ lunch. (Is it me, or is lunch sounding like a very strange word now?)
Weekly Money Check-Up is a fill-in-the blank post once a week. The first four questions are always the same each week and the fifth is always different. Care to participate? Fill in the blanks in the comments section or post it on your blog and link back to here! Thanks for participating! :)
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I feel _______towards money.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. My favorite meal of the day is _____________.