1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on a camera! We bought a Canon XSi for $500. It’s a lot of money to spend on one item, but thankfully we had tax refund money for it. I cannot wait to take fabulous pictures for all of you soon. :) Yay!
2. Today I feel really good towards money. My goal this month is to be uber-conservative of my budget and so far I’ve been doing great. Of course it is still early in March, but I really don’t have a choice since I have so many wedding expenses!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was eat greek food for lunch with with my mom, sister and J. It may sounds like nothing special, but I looove gyros… and loved having my sister and mom in town.
4. I will consider this week a success if I don’t eat anything after 8:00. I find myself snacking, way too much after dinner and that needs to stop!
5. My guilty pleasure TV show is Jersey Shore. I know, it’s terrible and so trashy, but I just can’t help watching it. My favorite guido, you ask? Pauly D. Drama-free and precious.
Weekly Money Check-Up is a fill-in-the blank post once a week. The first four questions are always the same each week and the fifth is always different. Care to participate? Fill in the blanks in the comments section or post it on your blog and link back to here! Thanks for participating! :)
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I feel _______towards money.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. My guilty pleasure TV show is _____________.
Nice camera!! Enjoy it!! :) I’d be thrilled to! Nothing better than new photography equipment! I just bought myself a new lens recently and LOVE it to bits!
I hope you bought it from costco I saw that one with a extra lens, bag and printer for 499.
I did it!
And that’s a beautiful camera. I’ve had my eye on that for awhile and while I have the money, I just can’t bring myself to buy it yet.
I just did the weekly money check up on my blog and I linked to you. One thing that you could do to keep you from eating after 8 would be to drink plenty of water or try to eat popcorn without any butter. Plain popcorn has hardly any calories and it is a great snacking food. If you want a little flavor with the popcorn, try putting on a tad bit of Tobasco. I saw that on Oprah years ago but it works.
Congrats on the new camera! I’ve been jonesing to buy one myself, but so far haven’t found room for it in our budget – there’s always something I want more.
Here’s a tip for you: take your camera to your wedding! SO FEW people do this because they figure they’ll have a million other things to do that day rather than worrying about taking pictures, and most people also have pros and/or friends and family taking pictures. But seriously, the pictures I took with my own camera are some of my absolute favorite from the entire day, because they’re from MY perspective, which is something no one else can possibly capture. Plus, there’s the instant gratification factor because you’ll have pics to look at that very night if you want to!
I posted mine
I’m not a canon girl, but that’s definitely a nice camera.
So true about money! It’s really the little things we do–not the big things we buy or own–that really make us happy.
Sure glad to see that another adult is watching Jersey Shore! I’m forced to watch it against my will (teenage kids!). Doesn’t look like it makes sense, but then I never watch for more than a few minutes to figure out if it does.
I love tax refunds! :)
Hi! This is my first time participating in the weekly money check up! Yay!
Nice purchase! We need to invest in a good camera for when our little one is born – I’ll be curious to see how you like yours!
I posted mine as well: http://canuckcents.wordpress.com/2011/03/07/weekly-money-check-up-2/
I posted mine for the first time at http://tbsidehustlesavings.blogspot.com/
Thanks for consistently posting these!