1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on the out of town guest gift–about $75. (This is just a gift bag that will go in each hotel room of our guests who have traveled. It includes water, chocolates, mints, granola bars, tissues, and visitor guides of the town.) Out of my regular everyday budget, the most I spent was on gasoline, which is no surprise since it’s so expensive.
2. Today I feel wonderful towards money. It’s kind of liberating paying for your own wedding. If I want to buy something for the wedding, I can! I have saved enough money to have the kind of wedding I planned. Maybe not the wedding I truly want–extravagant, decadent, expensive–but a very tasteful, lovely wedding all the same. My regular budget is also going okay since I’ve been extra cautious with my spending. In fact, if I lived like I have this month, then I could save some serious money.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was go to the NCAA Tournament on Sunday! I got free tickets to the games and took my sister, who is getting married four weeks after me. Most brides go to spas–we go to college basketball games. :) We watched the end of the nail-baiting UNC game and then cheered for our Blue Devils as they (barely) beat Michigan. Such a great day.
4. I will consider this week a success if I check off a long to do list (as per usual), run 3 times, do yoga 3 times, and finish a book I’ve been reading. (Yes, I’ve actually tried to make time to read!)
5. Today I am thankful for my apartment. I love it. It’s quiet, sunny, simple, and very me. Home is important to me. It’s interesting how my whole life feels unsettled when I live in a place that makes me uncomfortable. This apartment, however, is a haven and I love spending time here.
Weekly Money Check-Up is a fill-in-the blank post once a week. The first four questions are always the same each week and the fifth is always different. Care to participate? Fill in the blanks in the comments section or post it on your blog and link back to here! Thanks for participating! :)
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I feel _______towards money.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. I am thankful for _____________.