1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on the out of town guest gift–about $75. (This is just a gift bag that will go in each hotel room of our guests who have traveled. It includes water, chocolates, mints, granola bars, tissues, and visitor guides of the town.) Out of my regular everyday budget, the most I spent was on gasoline, which is no surprise since it’s so expensive.
2. Today I feel wonderful towards money. It’s kind of liberating paying for your own wedding. If I want to buy something for the wedding, I can! I have saved enough money to have the kind of wedding I planned. Maybe not the wedding I truly want–extravagant, decadent, expensive–but a very tasteful, lovely wedding all the same. My regular budget is also going okay since I’ve been extra cautious with my spending. In fact, if I lived like I have this month, then I could save some serious money.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was go to the NCAA Tournament on Sunday! I got free tickets to the games and took my sister, who is getting married four weeks after me. Most brides go to spas–we go to college basketball games. :) We watched the end of the nail-baiting UNC game and then cheered for our Blue Devils as they (barely) beat Michigan. Such a great day.
4. I will consider this week a success if I check off a long to do list (as per usual), run 3 times, do yoga 3 times, and finish a book I’ve been reading. (Yes, I’ve actually tried to make time to read!)
5. Today I am thankful for my apartment. I love it. It’s quiet, sunny, simple, and very me. Home is important to me. It’s interesting how my whole life feels unsettled when I live in a place that makes me uncomfortable. This apartment, however, is a haven and I love spending time here.
Weekly Money Check-Up is a fill-in-the blank post once a week. The first four questions are always the same each week and the fifth is always different. Care to participate? Fill in the blanks in the comments section or post it on your blog and link back to here! Thanks for participating! :)
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I feel _______towards money.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. I am thankful for _____________.
It is so nice hearing about someone paying for their own wedding. All my friends are so happy to use their parents to pay for their weddings and think it’s strange that I want to refuse such help when that day comes. I want the pride that comes with paying for such a special event!! HAPPY MONDAY!
We watched for you on tv, but since we don’t really know what you look like (except for that one engagement pic where you’re behind the books) we didn’t see you. I can’t believe the game came down to the last second after Duke was up by 15.
Have a nice week!
Your last statement couldn’t come at a better time for me! I was just writing a post about being thankful! Should post soon!
Those gift bags for your over-night guests sound so thoughtful! What a nice surprise for them. I love reading your plans for your wedding because it reminds me of all the fun I had planning my own last year. And kudos to you for doing this ALL by yourself with money you saved. DH and I put $8K towards ours (and got help from my parents for the rest) but I put about $2K on credit cards that I really regret now. At the time those items I charged (make-up artist and hair for the bridal party – and some honeymoon expenses) seemed so important but I totally could have gone the frugal route if I had tried a little harder. Live and learn, I guess.
I joined in on my blog!
I loved having my own apartment and I cant wait to move out and have my own again.
I posted my answers here >> http://wastemytime.ca/2011/03/21/weekly-money-check-up-19/
your wedding ideas are precious! i’m planning my own and trying desperately to stay within budget. :)
MPP, I really love these. I’m trying to keep up with them.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on dinner. $120! I bought dinner for a friend and I at a pretty shnazzy restaurant in Uruguay. It was definitely worth it.
2. Today I feel eh towards money. I think I mentioned this in my last meme, I don’t let money affect my mood.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was talk with aforementioned friend. I love heart to hearts.
4. I will consider this week a success if I can get work/school under control after being in vacation mode for the past 10 days.
5. I am thankful for being happy. It feels good.
Thanks for hosting these!
Just posted my check-up!
I LOVE the guest bag idea–so thoughtful & cute! Congrats on funding your own wedding; that’s definitely no small feat.
I enjoy your blog, and like it even more knowing you are a college basketball fan! I had a girls weekend with my best friend from high school, who visited me so we could watch the games on tv together!