1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on groceries: $135. After being gone for two weeks and now living with a man, it was an expensive grocery run! We bought so much stuff that we should be good for the rest of the month and most of May. Hopefully. :)
2. Today I am thankful for my new family. I know so many people who do not get along with their in-laws, but I am so thankful that I love J’s parents and sister like my own. Yesterday we had an Easter gathering, and it even included an easter egg hunt! Sure we may all be in our twenties, but hey, I made $20 and a lot of candy.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was cook dinner for my parents with my husband. They came to visit Saturday night for dinner and I got to use all of our new wedding gifts. I finally got to open that closet of engagement/shower gifts!
4. I will consider this week a success if I get my name changed. Oyi! What a process. I’m planning to take a day off of work this week and just knocking it all out.
5. My favorite TV show growing up was Full House… closely followed by Boy Meets World and Saved by the Bell. Gotta love those 1990’s TV shows. Anyone else remember TGIF on ABC? Man, they just don’t make shows like that now-a-days.
Weekly Money Check-Up is a fill-in-the blank post once a week. The first four questions are always the same each week and the fifth is always different. Care to participate? Fill in the blanks in the comments section or post it on your blog and link back to here! I usually post it on Mondays, but it can be posted any time of the week. Thanks for participating! :)
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I am thankful ___________.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. My favorite TV show growing up was_______________.