1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on art for our living room. It took us four months to decide what to hang behind our couch but we’ve finally agreed to hang these two pictures from World Market. What do you think?
2. Today I am thankful for a flexible job that allows me to take time off when I need it. I have spent the last week in an effort to change my name on all of my official documents, and will be taking off Friday to travel this weekend.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was test drive some cars! J and I have 1994 and 1996 cars, so it’s time for at least one of us to have a two-thousand-something ride. We also will be traveling four out of the next five weekends and neither of our cars are in great shape for that. Perhaps this time next week we will have a new car? Fingers crossed!
4. I will consider this week a success if I get everything together for my sister’s wedding. She gets married this Saturday–I still cannot believe it!
5. One thing I appreciate about my mom is the way she is behind me 100% in everything I do. Growing up, she was there for all of my activities and sport events I participated in, and seems to be my biggest fan whenever I start something new. Every time we talk on the phone, she sounds so excited to hear my voice, like it’s the highlight of her day. It’s been about four years since I have been with her on Mother’s Day and I’m so excited to celebrate her this year.
Weekly Money Check-Up is a fill-in-the blank post once a week. The first four questions are always the same each week and the fifth is always different. Care to participate? Fill in the blanks in the comments section or post it on your blog and link back to here! I usually post it on Mondays, but it can be posted any time of the week. Thanks for participating! :)
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I am thankful ___________.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. One thing I appreciate about my mom is_______________.
I have my money post up.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on bills. Light Bill/Credit Card bills.
2. Today I am thankful for my dog. He’s so cute.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was watch the Royal Wedding. Lot’s of love and happiness all around.
4. I will consider this week a success if I take my accounting final with confidence. I have two more days left of studying and I know I’m going to do great on it.
5. One thing I appreciate about my mom is how resilient she is. She came from Haiti nearly 26 years ago with nothing but a few clothes in a bag and she has been able to build a family and a home for my father and my siblings. I’m so grateful for her and am just happy to have someone like her as my mother.
Argh! I can’t believe it’s almost time for mother’s day! Although for the first time ever I have my shopping done early (for mom, step-mom, AND future MIL).
OMG.. i JUST discovered you this morning!!!!
1. i LOOOOOOOOOVE the art!!!!!! – as in : omg, reallllllllllly love!!!!!
2. i LOVE your weekly money check-ups!!!! Love the different angles, love how positive it is, a different light to our week, i think i may try them myself!!! :)
so… can we say DEFINATELY bookmarking you!!!!!!