1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on gasoline and bills. So, pretty boring. We have been extra cautious of our spending since we are trying to stay within our budget until our July paycheck.
2. Today I am thankful for reliable cars. My younger sister and I spontaneously went to the beach on Saturday and I am so thankful that my car has air conditioning, starts on the first try, and doesn’t make me worry every time we break. (Sadly, I can’t say the same things about my old ride.)
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was take a leisurely walk on the beach. There’s something about the beach that makes me want to walk for miles, reminiscing about beach trips growing up and people-watching all the families and groups having a good time.
4. I will consider this week a success if I workout three times and get my recipes and meals organized. I would like to get better at stretching our grocery budget and getting more organized on new recipes to try that require ingredients I already have.
5. For the 4th of July, I am staying in town! I have a four-day weekend from work, so I plan to enjoy it by starting a new book, organizing my apartment, going to the pool, barbecuing with my inlaws, and watching the fireworks from a hill.
Now it’s your turn, my dear reader! Fill in the blanks in the comments section, or post it on your blog and link below. I (usually) update every Monday, but you can post it any day of the week. Thanks for participating!
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I am thankful ___________.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. For the 4th of July, I am _______________.