Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series on My Pretty Pennies. To participate, fill in the blanks in the comments section, or post it on your blog and link below. If you do post it on your blog, please credit MPP and link it back here. Thank you for participating!
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on a haircut. I am ashamed to admit it has been 8 months since I got my hair cut last. (I know—for shame!) I usually go to a girl in Greensboro, but the stars just never aligned and I could not find a weekend that would work, so I tried somewhere new. I have a bad reputation for always hating my hair after a cut, but I miraculously got a decent haircut on Saturday!
2. Today I am thankful that two of our friends are moving next door this week!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was have a skype double date with my best friend and her husband. Distance does not stop us—on Saturday night J and I played Little Big Planet with our best friends from Atlanta and video-chatted the whole time. We even both baked brownies. It’s the closest to living in the same town as you can get. :)
4. I will consider this week a success if I eat nothing fried.
5. If I had today off, I would probably end up doing something boring like running errands and watching TV. But I would like to spend a free day only doing luxurious things, like bike riding to a café for breakfast, then meeting a friend for lunch and ordering wine, afterwards getting a pedicure, and then spending the whole afternoon cooking something unique and delicious to a fabulous soundtrack for when J gets home. (Did I just describe a day in the life of a Bravo Housewife?)
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I am thankful ___________.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. If I had today off _________.