Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series on My Pretty Pennies. To participate, fill in the blanks in the comments section, or post it on your blog and link below. If you do post it on your blog, please credit MPP and link it back here. Thank you for participating!
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on gasoline. We have been spending less now that we got rid of J’s gas-guzzling Buick.
2. Today I am thankful that Irene was not as bad as predicted… at least not here, anyways. I hope everyone everyone in the north is safe and away from the floods!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was dance with my family at a celebration party for my uncle. He served as the senior pastor for a long time, and his last service ended with a great party before he and my aunt leave to sail for a year (doesn’t that sounds amazing?). My whole family came, minus a few cousins, but it was so much fun to celebrate together!
4. I will consider this week a success if I cook something at home every evening. I’ve gotten very slack about putting meals together at home, since our evenings are so busy. In fact, one evening last week J and I only ate cereal for dinner. (I know, I’m a bad wife!)
5. The thing I will miss most when summer is over are the long sunny days. I absolutely love autumn, but I hate how dark it gets in the evenings. I am really going to miss waking up to the sun and having hours of sunlight after work is over.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I am thankful ___________.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. The thing I will miss most when summer is over __________.