Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series on My Pretty Pennies. To participate, fill in the blanks in the comments section, or post it on your blog and link below. If you do post it on your blog, please credit MPP and link it back here. Thank you for participating!
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on rent, but we also paid our car payment, cell phone, and utilities. There are just so many bills the first of the month, aren’t there?
2. Today I am thankful for my patio herbs that I managed to keep alive until now. I have saved so much money by picking basil from my plant instead of buying it at the grocery store. FTW!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was start watching Felicity on Netflix. After three episodes, I was addicted. I never saw it back in the 90s, are there any other Felicity fans out there?
4. I will consider this week a success if I continue to prepare for the next day, the night before. This includes making lunches, scheduling the coffee, and picking out my outfit so that I start my day on a relaxing note.
5. I have mixed feelings about Daylight Savings. I really hate when I leave work in the dark, but we just have two more months and then the days will gradually get lighter. Plus it’s been so hard to get up in the morning that it will be a little easier now that it is lighter.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I am thankful ___________.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. I ____________ Daylight Savings.
(photo: my tennis shoes on a hike)