Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series on My Pretty Pennies. To participate, fill in the blanks in the comments section, or post it on your blog and link below. If you do post it on your blog, please credit MPP and link it back here. Thank you for participating!
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on Black Friday shopping. We were this close to visiting Target at midnight, but considering we were falling asleep by 9pm, my sister in-law and I decided to venture out in the morning. And it was perfect! They still had the items we wanted, they were over staffed with friendly check-out attendees, and the store was surprisingly clean.
2. Today I am thankful for a wonderful Thanksgiving! My parents and sister came to celebrate with J’s family and friends. We ate too much fun (as per usual), took a walk, sat around for hours nibbling on cake and pie, and then went to see the Muppets in theater.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was watch Elf and decorate our apartment. We have a modest tree and hand-me down decorations from my parents and I absolutely love it.
4. I will consider this week a success if I get everything I need to done by Thursday pm – I’m heading to Atlanta this weekend. I cannot wait!
5. My favorite Christmas song/album is Mariah Carrey’s All I Want For Christmas is You (what girl hasn’t loved that song once in her life?!). A close second is Handel’s Messiah, which I grew up with listening to along with Sandy Patty and the Chipmunks. This year, I have the new She & Him album on repeat.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I am thankful ___________.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. My favorite Christmas song/album is ____________.