Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series on My Pretty Pennies. To participate, fill in the blanks in the comments section, or post it on your blog and link below. If you do post it on your blog, please credit MPP and link it back here. Thank you for participating!
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on much-needed groceries. I think J had a PB&J sandwich in his lunch everyday for the past couple of weeks. Now we can alternate a turkey deli sandwich and PB&J! It’s the little things I tell ya.
2. Today I am thankful for a great church. I had a hard time finding a great church in college and in DC, so I feel very blessed going to a church I love with great teaching and a close small group.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was clean my guestroom. Normally that wouldn’t make me overly excited, but it’s been Santa’s workshop for the past month (aka: our card table was out, wrapping paper piled the bed, and crafts covered our floor). It was a bit of a mess.
4. I will consider this week a success if I have a fabulous time in New York City this weekend!
5. One of my favorite holiday decorations is the advent calendar. Growing up, my sisters and I would fight over who got to move the mouse on our advent calendar that hung on our door to the back porch. (Why a mouse? I don’t know). My mom sent me a paper one this year where every day has a message. Today‘s is: Share a happy thought with someone else. Christmas is in 12 days!
1.1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I am thankful ___________.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. One of my favorite holiday decorations ______________.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on a dress. I had an important meeting, so I wanted to get a black dress that made me feel good. I went to NY&Co and they were having a BOGO. I ended up getting two things, but didn’t like the second thing, so returned it for a bag and two pairs of earrings. So a dress, a bag, and two pairs of earrings all for $75!
2. Today I am thankful for a day off from work! I will spend it studying, but its nice to know that I have to only focus on studying and nothing else.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was snuggle with my dog. He really is a great snuggler!
4. I will consider this week a success if finally send out my Christmas/Channukah cards!
5. One of my favorite holiday decorations is the tree in Rockefeller Center. We haven’t had a tree in my house for at least 15 years, so I like seeing the tree at RC. I hope you get some time to check it out when you’re in NYC!
Have a good time in NYC!