1. The most I’ve spent this last week was paying off our credit card, which we do once a month after we get paid on the 15th. We never have a balance, but use it towards points. :) Aside from the credit card payment, we spent a lot of money on food, both dining out and groceries. In fact, I think we have $20 left in our food budget this month – yikes! Hopefully we can stretch our groceries to last us through this next week.
2. Today I am thankful for the rain. This past week Raleigh was attacked by pollen and a yellow film covered everything. Thankfully we’ve had a lot of rain (and some crazy thunderstorms!) to get rid of most of it.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was go see the Hunger Games! Okay, it wasn’t free, but it did make me very happy. Did anyone else see it this weekend? I was so excited, after reading the book last summer, and was pretty satisfied with the way they portrayed it (though of course, I think they could have done a little more with the relationship development between Peeta & Katniss, but oh well.)
4. I will consider this week a success if I have a good attitude – all day, all week. I have to remind myself that no matter the circumstances that I face, it’s my choice how I can respond. So I’m hoping to be extra conscious of my attitude and do my best to be joyful always.
5. One thing I love about my home is the amount of sunlight it gets. We have huge windows on both sides of our apartment and I love how sunny it gets in the afternoons – especially now that it stays lighter later. :)
Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series on My Pretty Pennies. To participate, fill in the blanks in the comments section, or post it on your blog and link below. If you do post it on your blog, please credit MPP and link it back here. Thank you for participating!
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I am thankful ___________.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. One thing I love about my home is ____________.