Q: What do you do with 4 pounds of freshly picked strawberries?
A: Make strawberry pie, of course!
from my mother-in-law
1 quart fresh strawberries
6 T. cornstarch
2 c. sugar
2. c. water
dash of salt
1 (3-oz) package of strawberry Jello
2 store-bought pie crusts
1. Cook pie crusts, according to your directions
2. Whisk sugar, water, salt and cornstarch over medium heath until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Add Jello and mix until it dissolves
4. Chill mixture in the refrigerator until it cools
5. Wash, hull and cut strawberries and put in pie shell
6. Pour cooled mixture over strawberries and refrigerate until set (usually an hour). Serve chilled with whipped cream.
Makes two pies… one to enjoy yourself, one to brighten a friend’s day.
With all the awesome family recipes you have floating around, you HAVE to check out articipe.etsy.com.
I saw her stuff at a hip craft fair this weekend and have been so inspired. (I must confess I made a homemade version for a family pancake recipe, but if I could I would have bought all of hers!).
An awesome gift idea, too!
Yum! I need to make this.
I never thought of Strawberry Pie, and it looks gorgeous…