1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on groceries. We have a membership to BJ’s (which is like a Sam’s Club or Costco), and it saves us a lot of money in the long run, but each trip feels expensive since we buy a lot of bulk items.
2. Today I am thankful for the kind responses I got on my post last Wednesday regarding our new roommate for the summer. I am humbled by the kind words in the comments and in emails – thank you readers!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was go to see Wicked! We saw it on Thursday night and it was amazing! I had seen it before in New York, but this was J’s first time and we both enjoyed it immensely. (Okay, it wasn’t free, but was discounted through work and paid for months ago, so that kind of counts.)
4. I will consider this week a success if I spend at least 20 minutes each morning reading my Bible. I have gotten out of the habit of reading it consistently and would really like to get back in the routine.
5. My favorite Disney character is Belle. She was most like me, since I was a major bookworm, and Beauty and the Beast was the first movie I ever saw in theaters.
Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series on My Pretty Pennies. To participate, fill in the blanks in the comments section, or post it on your blog and link below. If you do post it on your blog, please credit MPP and link it back here. Thank you for participating!
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I am thankful ___________.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. My favorite Disney character is __________.