1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on gasoline. All of our big monthly expenses are auto-drafted today (rent, cell phone bill, etc.).
2. Today I am thankful for new babies! Saturday night I drove to Greensboro for a baby shower for one of my high school friends, and it is so neat to see old friends and new children coming into the world. Is it me, or is everyone pregnant these days?
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was have coffee with an old friend from college (pictured above). We hadn’t seen each other since we graduated and realized a few weeks ago we both lived in Raleigh, so we met up for coffee Sunday afternoon and caught up on the last four years. It is so great to have friends you can just pick back up as if you never were apart.
4. I will consider this week a success if J has a wonderful birthday. :)
5. One craft I’d like to master is sewing. I think I could acquire it if I had the time and effort, but right now I just admire those people who can create beautiful things for their home.
Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series on My Pretty Pennies. To participate, fill in the blanks in the comments section, or post it on your blog and link below. If you do post it on your blog, please credit MPP and link it back here. Thank you for participating!
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I am thankful ___________.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. One craft I’d like to master is ___________.