That’s right — things are changing a little around here. I accepted another job on Monday, end my current position a week from today, and I start my new job August 13.
It was a really, really hard decision to make. I wasn’t really looking for another job, but for the past few months I’ve been speaking with the VP of Marketing (that I know through church — it’s all who you know!), and he was sharing the different positions that were opening up in his department. I applied for one that looked like a perfect fit, and last Friday they extended an offer. I put together a pros and cons list (naturally) and decided it was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up. Although I’m really sad to say goodbye to my current coworkers and company, I think it will be a good career move.
The job will be different for a few reasons:
- I’m currently working in a very niche position at an advertising agency — this new job will be a more strategic marketing position for a health-care company.
- Right now I have flexible hours and sometimes have to stay late — this new position will be an steady 8 to 5 job. It will be a hard adjustment getting to work by 8 (I don’t usually leave my apartment now until 8:45), but it will be so, so nice to get home around 5:30 every day!
- I currently can wear literally whatever I want to work — my new position will require a more corporate attire.
- The distance is slightly farther from my current job, but maybe by 5 minutes or so.
- It also came with a little pay increase, which will be especially nice as we begin to save for a home.
So, there’s my news! I’m taking a week off between jobs and couldn’t be more excited to have some time to relax and get ready for this new adventure.
Oooh big changes. Wish you all the best. And hope you have a really good rest week too!
Congratulations Ginna!!! How exciting!
Change is good! Congratulations on the new opportunity!
(I want a week off too!)
Congrats! Changes of pace are almost always good. Hope you love your new job!
Very exciting news Ginna! Happy to hear how the adjustment goes for you.
congrats! that’s great!!
Congrats! That’s so exciting! :)
I love the title of this post…congrats and I’m sure the new adventure wo
Hurrah for the new job! Especially in media type roles, it really all comes down to contacts.
Cheers to new adventures! Big congratulations!!
Congrats! That is awesome!!