1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on clothes and shoes. I went to the outlets on Saturday and spent about $200 on dresses, skirts, shirts and shoes for my new job.
2. Today I am thankful for my sister in-law. She came to spend the night with us on Saturday night and it was so great catching up with her. I truly feel so blessed that I get along so well with my in-laws. I am very aware that it’s not the norm!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was spend the weekend watching the Olympics. J and I are a bit obsessed – we spent Saturday afternoon switching between all the NBC channels and had the NBC app on our iPad so we could check up on any other games we missed. It kind of makes me wish I hadn’t ended my gymnastics career at age 9. If I only applied myself more, I could be in London right now. ;)
4. I will consider this week a success if finish all I need to get done at work before my last day on Friday.
5. This summer we have had the craziest thunderstorms. I’m talking sky turns black in the middle of the afternoon, raging wind, and flashing lightning right outside your window. We’ve also had the most beautiful sunsets after these storms, for example, the photo above.
Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series on My Pretty Pennies. To participate, fill in the blanks in the comments section, or post it on your blog and link below. If you do post it on your blog, please credit MPP and link it back here. Thank you for participating!
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on _____.
2. Today I am thankful ___________.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was_____________.
4. I will consider this week a success if I _____________.
5. This summer ____________.