About a week ago I was in a crafty mood, so I decided to make some Valentine cards for my two sisters and sister-in-law. This is one of those posts I considered not sharing because 1) The picture is bad and 2) It’s too late. As in, who would be excited to see a Valentine’s Day craft on February 15th? However, my friend recommended me to ship Valentine’s Day cookies for them and I’m considering to do it on the next Valentines Day.
But oh well! I didn’t want to spoil it for the three of them (since they claim to all ready this blog, hi girls!), so you get this tutorial today.
- Candy hearts
- Cardboard (I used the back of a pop-tart box; keepin’ it classy)
- glue for cardboard
- Cut out a heart out of cardboard
- Optional step I omitted: Paint, cover with fabric, or make the heart look something better than just plain cardboard. (I didn’t have time for all that. They’re sisters, they understand.)
- Sift through candy hearts and find good words to use in a sentence. The cheesier, the better.
- Write your sentences on the cardboard, skipping over where the candy will be placed.
- Hot glue the candy hearts in place.
- Mail to your valentine and await the happy phone calls and texts when they receive it.
Where’s the Valentine for my man, you ask? I made one of these for him a few years ago so this year he got a gushy card from Target and a rectangular box of chocolates. (He specifically asked for a box not shaped in a heart. Do you know how hard that is to find this time of year?)
Have a happy weekend, y’all!