About a week ago I was in a crafty mood, so I decided to make some Valentine cards for my two sisters and sister-in-law. This is one of those posts I considered not sharing because 1) The picture is bad and 2) It’s too late. As in, who would be excited to see a Valentine’s Day craft on February 15th?
But oh well! I didn’t want to spoil it for the three of them (since they claim to all ready this blog, hi girls!), so you get this tutorial today.
- Candy hearts
- Cardboard (I used the back of a pop-tart box; keepin’ it classy)
- Hot glue gun
- Cut out a heart out of cardboard
- Optional step I omitted: Paint, cover with fabric, or make the heart look something better than just plain cardboard. (I didn’t have time for all that. They’re sisters, they understand.)
- Sift through candy hearts and find good words to use in a sentence. The cheesier, the better.
- Write your sentences on the cardboard, skipping over where the candy will be placed.
- Hot glue the candy hearts in place.
- Mail to your valentine and await the happy phone calls and texts when they receive it.
Where’s the Valentine for my man, you ask? I made one of these for him a few years ago so this year he got a gushy card from Target and a rectangular box of chocolates. (He specifically asked for a box not shaped in a heart. Do you know how hard that is to find this time of year?)
Have a happy weekend, y’all!