September feels like eons ago. We spent Labor Day in DC, the second weekend moving everything out of our apartment and handing in the keys, then the third week was spent at the beach, lounging around with our families. What other month starts with summer and ends with fall? It was a really, really good month.
Highlights, in photos:
+ Getting a treat at Starbucks after deep-cleaning our apartment. (It just seemed right since we got frappuchinos after we signing our lease a year earlier.)
+ Our first leisure breakfast in our new house. Waffles for the win!
+ Celebrating my birthday at the beach with my two families.
+ Moody skies at the beach.
+ Delicious shrimp and grits dinner.
+ Gorgeous skies at the beach.
+ Cheering the Mountaineers at the Appstate vs. Elon game. Sadly, the only one they’ve won so far this season.
+ Celebrating at my cousin’s bridal shower.
+ Enjoying the backyard with Leia.
September Goals Recap:
– Paint the living room and kitchen
– Start small group again
– Move everything out of the apartment and clean every square inch
– Finish painting the kitchen cabinets / Recap, including a long tutorial
– Spend a week at the beach / Trip recap
– Turn 28!
– Buy and hang curtains in the master bedroom
– Read a book or two
– Unpack most of our boxes
– Set up our home office
– Finally buy some new clothes :)
– Hang at least a few things on the walls
– Buy a pumpkin spice latter on a cool, fall day!
– Buy a lawn mower — that’s because we got one for free from a family friend! Score!
How was your September? :)