December was such a great month. The holidays don’t last long enough, but I think we definitely packed in as much holly and jolly as we could, between hosting or attending parties every weekend, dressing up for holiday shows, spending cozy evenings in watching Christmas movies, and spending lots of time with family.
+ Going to see Handel’s Messiah at the Duke Chapel with my sister Lucy
+ Walking or running every day with my Mile a Day challenge
+ Dressing up to go to the Nutcracker with J’s family
+ Lots of family time
+ Celebrating advent and remembering the reason for the season
+ Finding ways to bless others with J
+ Dressing Leia up like a reindeer
+ Spending time with my cousins on Christmas Day
+ Celebrating my friend Becca’s 30th birthday
Recap of my December goals:
Accomplished: all of them!
- Walk or run a mile every day (see more about my Mile a Day challenge) // There were a few days I skipped, but I did one or two more miles the next day to make up for it. :)
- Do at least 10 random acts of kindness for neighbors, friends and strangers
- Go see Handel’s Messiah and the Nutcracker
- Wrap all of my gifts by December 20th
- Read through The Meaning is in the Waiting advent book
- Finish a holiday puzzle
- Watch all my favorite holiday movies – It’s a Wonderful Life, The Holiday, White Christmas, Elf, and Home Alone
- Thoughtfully prepare for the new year, creating goals for finance, giving and personal enrichment/challenges
- Wrap up all work by December 23rd and take a real break from Christmas to New Years, including blogging and checking personal email
How was your December?