I was walking in Target yesterday looking for the seasonal outdoor section, when I realized that entire section had been taken over by Back to School stuff. What the what! It is July 1st people. Don’t let time fly any faster than it already is! However, as I was walking away in defiance, I did pause and glance at the aisle of colored pencils and beautiful clean notebooks. Schools supplies are just the best! But not yet. Not yet! Stay strong, summer.
I kind of feel like Target sometimes in the middle of summer — ready and longing for the next season. June is so happy and sunny and warm and wonderful, but July and August are hot and humid and make me long for autumn to arrive already. But I don’t want to be one of those people constantly wishing away today. So this month I’m looking to be intentional about choosing joy and savor these long days of summer.
- Finish wainscoting in dining room (halfway done!)
- Host friends for Fourth of July
- Do one thing on my DIY or craft pinterest boards
- Clean out all of our closets
- Go to the pool / beach / lake / some body of water
- Finish one book
- Start training for the Savannah Half Marathon
- Keep basil and tomato plants alive
- To be present and look for the beauty in every moment. When I catch myself complaining, acknowledge the blessings and goodness around me instead.
What are you up to this month?
PS – July goals from 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009. It’s funny how a lot of them are the same. :) Also, I’ve updated my 2014 yearly goals since we are halfway through the year. WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?
Happy July…so neat you’ve been doing your July updates since 2009. i know what you mean about the school suppy items….i guess the stores have to get it in right away!
half marathon! good for you!
Comments are closed.