In July we hosted friends for the Fourth, pet-sat a few friends’ dogs, and stayed in town most weekends, except for a quick trip to Charlotte. It was a very good summer month, but I’m not entirely sad to see it go, mainly because it means the Whole30 diet is over (more on that later). Here are some more memories from the month, and how I fared on my monthly goals.
+ Watermelon cookies!
+ Puppy love
+ Ping pong playing in the backyard
+ Wainscoting progress
+ Lots of Whole30-approved meals
+ An evening in Charlotte at my sister’s (I love her house)
+ Spending time with my friends’ babies
+ Date night with this fella
+ Ray LaMontagne concert
- Finish wainscoting in dining room // YES!! Pictures and tutorial coming soon.
- Host friends for Fourth of July // YES! Fun times.
- Do one thing on my DIY or craft pinterest boards // Let’s just call the massive wainscoting project one of them.
- Finish one book // Read Carry On, Warrior
- Keep basil and tomato plants alive // Just barely.
Not so much:
- Clean out all of our closets // Ha. I didn’t clean out a single one.
- Go to the pool / beach / lake / some body of water // Nope.
- Start training for the Savannah Half Marathon // I started running, but wouldn’t really call it training.
How was your July? :)