Oh, November. I have mixed emotions about this month — the one that begins in autumn and ends in winter. On the one hand — it’s chilly! and cozy! and I want to wear warm sweaters and boots every day! But on the other hand, the days get darker and shorter, and without any Christmas lights to brighten the darkness.
I always get sad when I say goodbye to daylight savings, so to remedy that this year I decided to change up my hours at work — coming in at 7:30 and leaving at 4:30. This will hopefully allow me more time at home during the daylight and less time stuck in traffic during the darkness. I also plan to write five things I’m grateful for every day this month, since the best medicine for a sad soul is to look around and recognize all of your blessings.
On to my monthly goals….
- Come up with a strategy for our yard (plant bulbs? bushes? privacy trees?)
- Clean and vacuum my car (it’s so gross you guys)
- Pack a shoebox for Operation Christmas Child
- Enroll in benefits for 2015 at my job
- Take a family pic and order Christmas cards
- Get 75% of my Christmas shopping done!
- Make a classic family Thanksgiving dish
- Every day this month write down five things I’m grateful for
What are your goals this month? Does anyone else struggle with the time change?