As I mentioned a few days ago, J and I are about to spend 10 days in Europe. We are spending three nights in London, four nights in Paris, and three nights with our friends in St. Wendel Germany. We have had so much fun planning out this trip for the last few years. (YES, years).
I’m in charge of planning Paris, and am so pumped. I visited Paris in high school and fell in love with the City of Lights. It is such a magical city! In the four days we are there, I have our days filled with lots of museums, monuments, attractions, shopping and, of course, plenty of French-food eating.
Here’s my bucket list for Paris so far….
Paris Bucket List:
- Have a picnic under the Eiffel Tower
- Add a lock to the Love Lock Bridge
- Have a nice long dinner at a fancy French restaurant
- See the Mona Lisa at the Louvre
- Take a walk along the Champs-Élysées
- Go on a Seine River Cruise at sunset
- Write our names on the observation deck of the Eiffel Tower (anyone remember this song?)
- Visit the Musée d’Orsay
- Visit the Sacré-Cœur
- Eat macaroons, crepes and a croque monsieur sandwich (aka: all of my favorite French foods)
- Walk up Notre Dame
- Find Rue Clement (my maiden name:)
- Walk along the West Bank at night
- Find and buy a painting from a Parisian artist along the banks of the Seine
Readers who have been to Paris: HELP! What are we missing from this list? We want to do the big touristy things (why go to Paris and not see Mona?), but I also really want to spend some time doing what the locals do.
Do you have any other recommendations on what to see, do or where to eat? Appreciate any suggestions! :)
PS – Check out my London bucket list. What am I missing from there? :)