It’s June! One of my favorite months of the year. It’s hot, sunny, kids are out of school, and there’s a summer buzz in the air. This month we have a lot of plans and a lot to celebrate: birthdays, Father’s Day, a trip to Atlanta, and a lot of plans to tackle our list of summertime goals.
May was a great month. We took a trip with J’s family to Michigan and left L with my family for a long weekend — and thankfully everyone survived! It was so great to have a few days off of work and time spent celebrating a family friend’s wedding. My Mother’s Day request is always (well, the last two years), to go strawberry picking, so L and I did that one Sunday and we had the most fun. I also decluttered a lot from our guest room and am making small little strides to get the rest of the house organized. I still have a long way to go before the baby arrives in September, but after selling and donating a lot of our stuff, it makes me eager to get rid of even more!
I managed to create a maternity capsule wardrobe this month, which I mentioned in my May Goals post. I took everything out of my closet that I cannot wear anymore and put it in storage. (I’m sure some of the things I may never be able to wear again, but we’ll tackle that later when I’m hopefully back to a normal pre-baby, not-nursing weight again.) Now every single thing inside my closet is something that will fit me… which means my closet is very bare! But it is so nice to have it all visible and even having limited options really isn’t that bad. The saying that you wear 20% of your closet 80% of the time is so true, and I think I may have to adopt this capsule wardrobe mentality into my postpartum world.
Here’s a recap of May Goals:
- Finish our will — this one keeps moving from month to month. I gotta finish this finally! / FAIL, again! I keep putting this off. I really need to lock myself in my home office and crank this out one evening.
Bake a treat for L’s teachers Organize and sell stuff for our yard sale (and donate the rest!) Send a letter via snail mail to a friend Go strawberry picking! Figure out a maternity capsule wardrobe Get Mother’s Day gifts together! Get together with a friend for a meal or coffee
- Stay within budget / FAIL. We went over on our food budget and a few other areas.
Have a great time in Michigan — and prepare for leaving L with family!
Water plants and flowers
- Weed the garden beds once a week / FAIL. I didn’t even do this once. Oops!
YMCA – go to a class at least once
- Groom Leia / FAIL. I did this maybe one time. Better than nothing?
Clean the bathrooms
- Finish our will
- Take L to the pool at least once (ideally once a week, but we’ll start small:)
- Bake a treat for L’s teachers
- Figure out a system for keeping track of friends’ birthdays and anniversaries
- Have a date night with J
- Start getting L’s new room set up: set up her crib, clean out her closet, find a dresser
- Stay within our monthly budget
- Open a 529 college fund for L
- Make a list of everything I need to do before baby sister arrives
- Weed the garden beds at least once
- Check off a lot from my summertime goals list!
- Blog once a week – I’m hesitating adding this on here, but maybe this accountability will motivate me. :)
- Water indoor plants and flowers
- Clean the bathrooms
- Go to the YMCA at least once a week
- Meal plan on the weekends for the week
- Vacuum upstairs
- Take a walk
- Take prenatal vitamin
- Tidy the house before going to bed
- Read or listen to the Word
- Drink 64 ounces of water
Should be a good one. :) What are your goals this month?