Happy August, friends! I used to set monthly goals on this blog for years and I’m hoping to start these back up again. They keep me accountable and I love having a record of what’s going on in my life.
July was lovely and very full! Some highlights include: spending time with friends on the Fourth, my mom in town for a few days, visiting my sister and her kids in Charlotte for a few nights, going to a ballgame with J, starting a new freelance project, and celebrating my mom’s birthday in Greensboro by myself for the day.
We also went to a sunflower farm and I took some great photos of the girls. Here’s my favorite from that day:
What I Read in July:
- The Queen of Hearts — this was maybe the first novel I’ve finished in a year. I was hooked from the first page and enjoyed it, especially since I have family in Charlotte and am familiar with a lot of the places she references.
On my calendar this month:
- Staycation with my family — every year we have a “staycation” where we go to my parents for the weekend. The grandchildren have doubled since last year’s with six little ones under 3. Should be a wild time!
- Baby showers for my sister in law
- Birthday party for friends’ kids
- People in town: I have my parents staying with us for one night and friends in town another night
- Plan Molly’s birthday party
- Get 50% of my freelance project complete
- Host a shower for my SIL
- Prepare for preschool to begin, which includes meeting with her teacher, filling out the medical form, etc.
- Buy new furniture and different diameters of downlights
- Hang lights on our outdoor canopy
- Continue to workout at minimum two times a week
- Continue to declutter baby stuff we no longer use
- Read more about the Fab 4 Diet and eat more fab4-rich meals
- Check my budget on a daily basis
- Plant cucumbers and schedule fall vegetables
PS – See August goals from previous years.